Old Missoula

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Sec A Page 4 Missoulian Centennial Telegraph Line Comes in '79

E-mail Print PDF

Telegraph Line Comes in ‘79

A great step in communications for the Missoula area was made in October of 1879 when a military telegraph line was completed from Deer Lodge to Ft. Missoula.

Alfred Cave had the contract for cutting and delivering the poles for the wire from the Flint Creek hills into the fort. The line ran through Missoula, but no office or operator was located here for several years.

Last Updated on Sunday, 20 November 2016 21:15